Three children from the same family died Monday May 6 after eating poisoned food in Nlohe, a village situated a short distance away from Manjo in the Moungo Division of the Littoral Region, reports have confirmed.
According to sources, the kids died after consuming food that was laced with rat poison. The poisoned food was meant to eliminate rats.
Having learnt about the tragic incidence, the Gendarmerie elements in Manjo launched an investigation to determine the exact circumstances that led to the poisoning of the three kids of the same family.
After investigations, sources revealed that the poisoned food was consumed in the neighbour’s house, who had applied rat poison on fish to get rid of rats.
Unfortunately for the children, they came in her absence and ate the poisoned food that led to their death.