Two children from the same family have died and their elder sister is said to be in a critical condition in a hospital in Kumba in the South West region of Cameroon after the three consumed porridge Irish potatoes.
The incident happened Tuesday July 28 in Kosola II, a locality in Kumba II sub-division, Meme Division of the South West region of Cameroon.
According to reports, the late children, four-year-old Kibeng Christopher and two-year-old Becabery Perrick went unconscious shortly after eating porridge Irish potatoes.
They were taken to some prayer warriors in Kumba, though some sources hold that both children had already given up the ghost.
After unfruitful prayers, the two kids were officially declared dead and body taken to the mortuary.
As for their elder sister, Achamoh Blessing still conscious by the time the incident occurred, she was rushed to the hospital where she is currently responding to treatment.
The kids were reportedly on the care of their grand-mother when the tragedy occurred.
An investigation is underway to determine whether the food was contaminated or intentionally poisoned.