A hall at the entrance of the Yaounde Conference Centre has gone up in flames consuming several valuable items, sources have confirmed.
The hall that has been playing host to a forum, went up in flames in the early hours of Thursday, October 25 consuming a greater part of the building.
Fire fighters immediately rushed to the scene to contain the fire though it had consumed a greater part of the building.
The fire originated fire is was caused by a short circuit in the hall leading to enormous material loss but no human life was lost, the Director of the Conference Centre Chritophe Mien Zok said.
The Director of the Yaoude Conference Centre however debunked rumours the main building had been affected by the fire saying it was in tact.